• I am co-founder of TshwaneDJe Software and Consulting, and lead developer of a.o. TLex lexicography software, tlTerm terminology management software, tlCorpus corpus query software, and tlDatabase generic data editing software.
• My CV/Résumé »
• Me in the press »
• Some small free / open source games I've written or am busy working on: Sokoban; a Tetris-like game; Dave Gnukem (a small 'retro-style' cross-platform open source 2D side-scrolling shooter inspired by and similar to Duke Nukem 1 ~1991 - I had abandoned this project, but as of Oct 2016 am actively working on it again and want to try get it to some sort of "version 1" (aiming at ~Apr 2018); it is also hosted on a public source code repository here: Dave Gnukem github page)
I'm a part-time artist, focusing mainly on figure painting and portraits, and I work mainly in oil; click the images below to see more work.
• Some photos »Gordons Bay beach panorama photo (360° ... not the best stitching, sorry). Taken 2011-12-05.
Gordons Bay beach (2012)
This is something of an 'experiment' in using image search aggregation to create a pseudo-'gallery of artists'. The point is mainly to help rapidly gain an overview of the work of many different artists, 'at a glance' (and perhaps help you find something you like). Each block of thumbnails should hopefully, in a sense, crudely but concisely capture the essence of each artist's work. The main focus is on living/current/recent artists. (Warning: The page is very large, it may slow your browser.)
• A long time ago, I used to run a website called the Microsoft Crash Gallery - that's now archived here »
• Around 1995/1996, I created a (never-completed) 2D side-scrolling game Dave Gnukem - that is now hosted here » (News Oct 2016: I am 'un-abandoning' this and intend to bring it to some sort of 'version 1' completion.)
• A few of my early QBasic/QuickBasic Programs from back when I started programming (in the early 90's) (from my old website)
• During the peak of the Y2K "scare", I did a parody site of a Y2K panic-monger: Y2K for Conmen (original here)
• An ancient 1998 Linux screenshots gallery I was working on long ago
• Small 15-piece slider puzzle implementation I created ages ago (for Windows 95 (!) - still runs on Windows 10 (!))
SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS
I seem to have accounts on many social media sites; see my contact page for a partial list.