• I am co-founder of TshwaneDJe Software and Consulting, and lead developer of a.o. TLex lexicography software, tlTerm terminology management software, tlCorpus corpus query software, and tlDatabase generic data editing software.
• My CV/Résumé »
• Me in the press »
• Some small free / open source games I've written or am busy working on: Sokoban; a Tetris-like game; Dave Gnukem (a small 'retro-style' cross-platform open source 2D side-scrolling shooter inspired by and similar to Duke Nukem 1 ~1991 - I had abandoned this project, but as of Oct 2016 am actively working on it again and want to try get it to some sort of "version 1" (aiming at Oct 2017); it is also hosted on a public source code repository here: Dave Gnukem github page)
I'm a part-time artist, focusing mainly on figure painting and portraits, and I work mainly in oil; click the images below to see more work.
• Some photos »Gordons Bay beach panorama photo (360° ... not the best stitching, sorry). Taken 2011-12-05.
Gordons Bay beach (2012)
This is something of an 'experiment' in using image search aggregation to create a pseudo-'gallery of artists'. The point is mainly to help rapidly gain an overview of the work of many different artists, 'at a glance' (and perhaps help you find something you like). Each block of thumbnails should hopefully, in a sense, crudely but concisely capture the essence of each artist's work. The main focus is on living/current/recent artists. (Warning: The page is very large, it may slow your browser.)
• A long time ago, I used to run a website called the Microsoft Crash Gallery - that's now archived here »
• Around 1995/1996, I created a (never-completed) 2D side-scrolling game Dave Gnukem - that is now hosted here » (News Oct 2016: I am 'un-abandoning' this and intend to bring it to some sort of 'version 1' completion.)
• A few of my early QBasic/QuickBasic Programs from back when I started programming (in the early 90's) (from my old website)
• During the peak of the Y2K "scare", I did a parody site of a Y2K panic-monger: Y2K for Conmen (original here)
• An ancient 1998 Linux screenshots gallery I was working on long ago
• Small 15-piece slider puzzle implementation I created ages ago (for Windows 95 (!) - still runs on Windows 10 (!))
SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS
I seem to have accounts on many social media sites; see my contact page for a partial list.